Le Café Leggings
Sold Out - Not Available :(
The Cafe Terrace at Night was painted by Vincent Van Gogh in 1888. The place is Arles, France, and he painted it at night, reflecting the nocturnal tones coming from the unnatural light. Van Gogh himself wrote of the artwork:
"Normally, one draws and paints the painting during the daytime after the sketch. But I like to paint the thing immediately. It is true that in the darkness I can take a blue for a green, a blue lilac for a pink lilac, since it is hard to distinguish the quality of the tone. But it is the only way to get away from our conventional night with poor pale whitish light, while even a simple candle already provides us with the richest of yellows and oranges."
You get a really strong contrast with these leggings, the cold, lonely, urban centre on the left leg - and the warm vibrant social environment on the right. It is one of two Van Gogh prints in this collection (the other, of course, being Starry Night).
Composition: 83% Polyester Bright, 17% Spandex
Washing: Please hand wash cool.
Designer: James Lillis
Made in: Australia
T&Cs of Museum Release
- No returns or exchanges
- Do not email CS about sizes or styles available, if they aren't on the website, we don't have any left.
- Some items will be different cuts as we've changed patterns over the past few years. If you are unsure or have concerns simply don't buy it.
- Stock will be very limited.
- This is not 'Sample' stock.
- When the sale is over it is over… no more available. So please no emails to the CS girls.