Monumental Museum Release FAQ's
What's the Monumental Museum Release?
The Monumental Museum Release is our major December release and the beginning of the BlackMilk Festive Five, a whole five days of fun and special treats just for you guys.
What's with the name "Museum", anyway?
The BlackMilk Museum is the stuff of legend. Since BM started 7 years ago, we've made thousands of products! Once their time is over and they're all sold out for good, we move them to the Museum. Just like in the real world, the BM Museum is full of ancient artefacts that show our history, and the Museum Release is a second chance for you to get your hands on a piece of that history. You can check out the full Museum here.
When is it?
The release kicks off Monday December 12 at 9am (AEST.) That's Brisbane time, people! Set those world clocks because we don't have daylight savings here, and it can get confusing! If you're not sure what this means in your local timezone, here's a handy converter. Stay tuned to our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for a direct link to the full collection at that time!
Why is it different to other Museum releases and why is it so exciting?
Every year we have a little Museum Release or two. In fact, we had one in June this year! It was real fun - full of products we had here in our little warehouse that people may have missed out on in previous releases. You guys came, you saw and you nommed... hard. Which got us thinking... what if we did it a little bit differently next time around? So we took a look at a heap of customer feedback and hand picked a bunch of products from the Museum - stuff from this year, last year, even years ago! Since then, our production team have been working in secret like Santa's elves to create loads and loads of products for the most exciting Museum event ever... The Monumental Museum Release!
On Friday Dec 9 at 9am (AEST) you'll see a Pinterest preview of the 34 products we've manufactured just for this release. Then, on Monday Dec 12 we'll be taking the site offline for half an hour from 8:30am (AEST) to get ready to release over 350 Museum products in total! Yay! Don't worry if you don't see your fave Museum piece this time around... who knows what the future will bring?
What are the special selling conditions?
All the usual Museum Release rules apply:
- An item isn’t yours until you’ve paid for it, there isn’t any holding in carts
- Some of it is stock left over from previous releases. So there may be some of a particular size, there may not be any!
- Items purchased from the museum release cannot be returned unless faulty. All sales are final.
- Limited styles and sizes available until sold out
- If you have a gift voucher code, make sure you go to the payment page of the checkout and enter it in the gift voucher code section (not the discount code section)
- Due to the high demand during a Museum Release, some items may oversell. If this does happen, Customer Service will be in contact and a refund may be issued
- Some items will be different cuts as we've changed patterns over the past few years. If you have any concerns or are unsure we recommend not to purchase
- Standard holiday shipping times apply